Wednesday, 22 February 2017
New for Tuesday: Congressman Tom McClintock on Fracking
 On March 10, 2015 Congressman Tom McClintock held a Town Hall Meeting in Mariposa.


Published Online Since 2004

Sierra Sun Times Public Safety Scanner
SST Videos on
you tube logo sierra sun times

Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
*New Link* 'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
*New Link* 'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'...
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"


____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times

Email Us Today
_____________________________
Classified Ads
_____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad Today
Event
Job Listing
or Community Notice
_____________________________

Send in News Articles to
Sierra Sun Times
_____________________________

Per NPS: Big Oak Flat Road (Hwy 120) closed into Yosemite Valley; no access to Yosemite Valley via Hwy 120 
Big Oak Flat Road is closed 24 hours per day between Crane Flat and Foresta due to storm-related road damage. The only access to Yosemite Valley is via Highway 140.

Today

Public Meeting Concerning CAL FIRE Proposal to the Mariposa County Supervisors on February 22 – Discussion on Possible Financial Impacts to Your Local Fire Department

Links to Congressman Tom McClintock's Town Hall Meeting in Mariposa on Tuesday Evening
Rep. McClintock's meeting heats up amid Trump criticism
And
Tires slashed at Congressman's town hall meeting in Mariposa
And
Congressman Takes Questions At Heated Mariposa Town Hall
And
Town hall meeting in Mariposa with Congressman McClintock gets heated
And
GOP Rep. McClintock gets an earful at Northern California town hall
And
Congressman Tom McClintock faces boisterous but peaceful crowd at Mariposa town hall
And
Tom McClintock to town hall crowd: ‘I understand...You don’t like Donald Trump’
And
Killing with kindness, GOP's McClintock faces down hostile questioners as town
hall goes into overtime

Mariposa County Roads Closed Due to Flooding
Source: Mariposa County Sheriff's Office as of Monday Morning at 6:47 A.M.
Leonard Rd Crossing
Harris Rd Crossing


california january 2017 home sales credit car small

Mariposa County Real Estate
New for Tuesday, February 21
Mariposa County January 2017 Home Sales Prices Down Slightly Year Over Year as California Housing Market Kicks Off Year Higher

For Our Advertisers:
Sierra Sun Times Monthly Page Views: 1,135,458

Updated on Wednesday at 6:18 A.M.
Daily Area News Links:
Supes approve Lake Don Pedro Dollar General 

Mariposa Weather for Wednesday, February 22, 2017
Valid at 5:00 A.M.  Mostly sunny today with a slight chance of afternoon showers. Cooler today as Wednesday's high temp tops out  around 52 degrees with a low temp of about 35 degrees. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 56.0 degrees (2.9 degrees warmer than Monday) while the low came in at 42.6 degrees. The SST rain gauge recorded 0.63" of rain yesterday for a six day total of 4.54". Thursday is looking mostly sunny with a high temp of  around 48 degrees for the day. Future rain chances:  Sat.: 40% chance of showers. Sun./Mon.: 60% chance of showers. Tues.: 20% chance of rain/snow showers.   More weather information

________________________________________________

  • Last Update:Wednesday 22 February 2017, 13:35.
tobacco feb
Town hall meeting in Mariposa with Congressman McClintock gets heated
Caltrans says repairs on Highway 41 near Fish Camp to take at least a month

Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California
Click Here: For Complete Weather Coverage


 Mariposa County 
 Burn Day Information

 fire ok   
Burn Day - Wednesday, February 22
NO Permit Needed from CAL FIRE
 Permit Required from Mariposa County 
Click here for Mariposa County Permit Information
 For More Information 
 Call: (209) 966-1200
 CAL FIRE - Burn Information
Events
  All Ads are 'Clickable' for more info.  
3 4 17 SAR Fundraiser ad
2017 Storytelling Festival ad
3 15 17 SPCA ad
2017 Ladies Retreat ad

Advertise Your Upcoming Event!
_______________________________
 

Contact Us to Advertise Your Event

_______________________________

SPCA kitties SPCA Hours & Days of Operation 
     Winter Hours:     
Wednesday through Saturday: 10 to 3
“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
  Mention above AD for a Discount  

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!


Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa sales 2017 s

sierra-foothill-homes-sm

Mariposa County Daily Sheriff and Booking Report for Tuesday, October 28, 2014


IME TAKEN NATURE OF CALL DISPOSITION LOCATION   CITY
05:52:24 ATC COMPLETED ERNST RD GREELEY HILL
07:10:03 COLD BURGLARY REPORT BARRETT COVE RD LA GRANGE
09:04:58 3 LOOSE CANINES GOA/UTL PEG LEG RD MARIPOSA
09:38:14 FOUND FERRET FAXED ACF CHICHARRA WY LA GRANGE
10:06:57 AMBULANCE REQUEST CAL FIRE HOLTZEL RD COULTERVILLE
11:09:23 911 MISDIAL COMPLETED HWY41   FISH CAMP
11:22:57 166.4 PC COMPLETED 10TH ST MARIPOSA
13:14:00 NEIGHBOR DISPUTE COMPLETED 10TH ST MARIPOSA
13:27:59 MISSING ITEM COMPLETED COUNTY PARK RD MARIPOSA
13:58:38 11-44 HORSES COMPLETED 140 HY MARIPOSA
15:29:48 WELFARE CHECK N CONTACT CARLETON RD MARIPOSA
15:37:57 LOOSE DOGS IN THE AREA FAXED ACF TRIANGLE RD MARIPOSA
16:08:58 CIVIL ISSUE COMPLETED USONA RD MARIPOSA
16:29:10 WELFARE CHECK COMPLETED 6TH ST MARIPOSA
16:45:12 911 MISDIAL COMPLETED UNKNOWN   MARIPOSA
17:01:50 MAIL TAMPERING COMPLETED YOSEMITE PARKWAY   YOSEMITE
17:29:10 INFORMATION COMPLETED 49 HY MARIPOSA
18:38:56 WELFARE CHECK COMPLETED EAST WESTFALL RD MARIPOSA
19:03:54 REPOSSESSION COMPLETED USONA RD MARIPOSA
19:15:29 LANDLORD/TENANT DISPUTE NFA GRANITE LN CATHEYS VALLEY
20:57:38 AUDIBLE BURGLAR ALARM COMPLETED MERCED FALLS RD LA GRANGE
22:47:58 AMBULANCE REQUEST COMPLETED SHOSHONE RD MARIPOSA
23:38:28 SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETED SCHOOL LN MOUNT BULLION
booking-report-10-28-2014