Saturday, 01 October 2016

Yosemite Chief Retiring Amid Complaints of Hostile Workplace

Published Online Since 2004

Sierra Sun Times Public Safety Scanner
SST Videos on
you tube logo sierra sun times

Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!


____________________________
Classified Ads
Contact Us to Place Your Ad
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times

Email Us Today
____________________________
Community Notice
2016 Flu Clinic Ad____________________________
Help WantedMCRCD logo

Mariposa County
Resource Conservation District
Announce Opening for
District Office Manager Position

Permanent Part-Time Position
(32 hours per week)
Job-related travel and occasional evening
meetings and weekends are required.

Equal Employment Opportunity
Application Deadline: Open until filled
(‘Click’ here for more information)
_____________________________

Contact Us to Place Your Ad Today
Event
Job Listing
or Community Notice
_____________________________

Send in News Articles to
Sierra Sun Times
_____________________________
  • Last Update:Saturday 01 October 2016, 06:56.

'Welcome October 2016!'

Mariposa County High  School Friday Night Football
The Mariposa County Grizzlies football team lost Friday's away conference game against Orestimba by a score of 36-15
Max Preps: Box Score

Today
Sierra Art Trails
And

Sunday

Plan Your Weekend
Special Weekend Out & About Edition

View the Meeting
Mariposa County Town Hall Meeting on the East Westfall Road PG&E Tree Storage and Chipping Operation (Video)

Mariposa County Senior News
Menu & Activities Schedule for September

car california pending home sales august 2016 300

Mariposa County Real Estate
New
California Central Valley 2016 August Pending Home Sales Up 7% Year Over Year

Updated on Saturday at 6:01 A.M.
Daily Area News Links: 
$5 million tree removal project begins in Mountain Area 

Mariposa Weather for Saturday, October 1, 2016
Sunny and much cooler today with high temps that should top out around 71 degrees while the low temp for tonight comes in at 42 degrees. Some locations may be breezy today. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 83.8 degrees (3.8 degrees cooler than Thursday) while the low came in at 57.5 degrees. Sunday's high temps come in around 63 degrees with increasing clouds. Sunday has a  20% chance of afternoon/(60%) evening showers/T-storms with less than a tenth on an inch expected with higher amounts possible in T-storms. Future high temps: Mon: 59 degrees with a 20% chance of morning showers. Tues: 66 degrees.
More weather information...


Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California

For Complete Weather Coverage
 
  All Ads are 'Clickable' for more info.  
 
Events
SAT AD
Jerseydale Ranch Pumpkin Patch
10 1 16 Habitat Dinner ad
10 2 16 Hornitos Flea Market
10 8 16 Annual Farm Dinner ad
2016 Mariposa Yosemite Rotary Raffles

Advertise Your Upcoming Event!
_______________________________
 

Contact Us to Advertise Your Event

_______________________________

 

SPCA SPCA Hours & Days of Operation 
Tuesday through Saturday 8 to 3
“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
  Mention above AD for a Discount  

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!
  Visit Clouds Rest Pet Sittings  
  NEW website!
 


Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa-sales-2

sierra-foothill-homes-sm

SST-LTRAlthough not a resident of District 3, Mary Lou and I encourage the residents of District 3 to vote for experience by casting your ballet for Kris Casto!  Kris has a strong record of public service over the past 30 years.  If you were to write a job description for a member of our Board of Supervisors, Kris’s resume would serve that purpose. She served as mayor of Los Altos (population approximately 27,000 in 2005) for two terms.  Kris has had experience as a Planning Commissioner, and served on various committees and task forces including Solid Waste, Library Authority, Agricultural Advisor Board, Mariposa Community Foundation, Mariposa Agri-Nature Association, Mariposa Community Foundation, Relay For Life, and the Butterfly Festival.  She has served as a J. C. Fremont Foundation fund-raising event coordinator, and an MCHS Interact sponsor. Whether she was a leader or a worker, she works tirelessly, and with a great deal of passion. The wide range of volunteer groups with which she has been involved shows her concern over all of the citizens of this County, her adopted home.  She and Harold are generous donors to a number of fund-raisers and charity organizations.  They donate both financially, and offer their property for a number of fund-raisers.

Mary Lou and I have known Kris and Harold ever since Harold retired from a very successful roofing business they ran for 30 years, and moved to their property in Hunters Valley.  They put that property in the Williamson Act, and raise a small herd of cattle there. Kris came up as often as possible and quickly fell in love with the County and its’ residents. About the time Kris was able to move up here full-time, they bought the Bullis property on 49 North, and started a winery.  We grow wine grapes, and they came to us for advice.  Once they got the winery running, they started buying grapes from us.  They now have a tasting room/art galley in town, which has proven to be a great addition to the town. 

We have both a friendship and business relationship with the Castos. We know Kris will do all she can to safeguard out rural traditions, work with the Sheriff and Fire Departments to fully staff them, and fortify our fire protection system.  She believes there is a need to expand services for the 22% of our population that are the Senior Citizens, and will work to do so.

Having worked with Kris over the years, I know her to be a good listener.  We have found that she consider all sides of an issue before she makes decisions.  Because of her experience and personality, she will be the perfect Supervisor for the residents of District 3 and for Mariposa County.

Cliff Gardner
Mariposa, CA