Monday, 23 May 2016
Published Online Since 2004

SST Videos on
you tube logo sierra sun times
Search the Sierra Sun Times Using Keywords
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: 'Chocolate Soup', Fine Home Accessories and Gifts, Located In Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
‘Click’ for the best sounding Chimes in the world all made in Mariposa California... “Let the Good Chimes Toll“
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' For More Info: Laura Lee’s Auto Sales in Mariposa… “I can find any car you want!”
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
'Click' Here For All Creatures Veterinary Hospital in Mariposa, CA
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
‘Click’ for Mariposa Auto Trim: Get Your Glass Repaired or Replaced at ‘Mariposa Auto Trim’ in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘California State Mining & Mineral Museum’ Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: ‘Mariposa Museum & History Center’ Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Foster Ace Hardware...the Helpful Place for All your Home and Hardware Needs In Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Sugar Pine Café Located in Historic Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Inter-County Title Company Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' For More Info: Butterfly Creek Winery Located in Mariposa, California
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here to visit Happy Burger Diner in Mariposa... "We have FREE Wi-Fi, we're Eco-Friendly & have the Largest Menu in the Sierra"
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' here for more info! Host a party to earn FREE Scentsy or place an order to support a local businesswoman. Thank You!
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'...
'Click' Here to Visit: 'Yosemite Bug Health Spa'... "We provide a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere... Come in and let us help You Relax"


____________________________
Classified Ads

Contact Us to Place Your Ad
Place 'Your' Classified Ad
on Sierra Sun Times
Email Us Today
Help WantedMariposa County logo sm
Mariposa County
Code Compliance Technician


Salary: $3,949.32 - $4,800.37/Month 
+ Excellent Benefits. EOE

Application Deadline:
 Thursday, June 2
(‘Click’ here for more information)

Community Notice
Mariposa Rodeo Queen ad
_____________________________
Contact Us to Place Your Ad Today
Event
Job Listing
or Community Notice
_____________________________

Send in News Articles to
Sierra Sun Times
_____________________________
  • Last Update:Monday 23 May 2016, 05:46.
Around the Web
More California teens stuck it out, got diplomas in 2015
Calaveras, Mariposa counties topped the state

Around the Web
CHP: Man killed, pregnant woman suspected of DUI in Highway 41 crash
And
Big inning propels Mariposa to Sac-Joaquin Section softball three-peat
And
Mariposa's Violet Matlock on DVI title win
And
Softball: Mariposa’s big inning leaves Falcons as Division VI runner-up

Around the Web
Sierra Star: One confirmed dead in DUI wreck on Highway 41
And
National Park Service loses early round in Yosemite’s trademarks fight


CAR logo

 


Mariposa County Real Estate
New for Monday, May 16

Merced County Makes Top 5 as CAR Publishes 1st Quarter 2016 California Housing Affordability Index

Updated on Monday at 6:26 A.M.
Daily Area News Links:
Hiker found dead on the High Sierra Trail

Mariposa Weather for Monday, May 23, 2016
Sunny today with a high temp of around 67 degrees for the day while the low temp for tonight comes in at 46 degrees. Yosemite area has a 50% chance of afternoon/evening showers/T-storms today. Yesterday the high temp topped out at 66.3 degrees (3.9 degrees warmer than Saturday) while the low came in at 39.9 degrees. Tuesday has a slight (20%) chance of afternoon/(30%)evening showers/T-storms. Tuesday will have mostly sunny skies and the high temps should top out around 65 degrees for the day. Future rain chances for Mariposa: Wed.; 20%.
More weather information...

Valley Online News.com
New:
 Merced County Farm Bureau 2016 Youth Poster Contest
AAUW Mariposa County Candidate Forum for Mariposa County Supervisor for Districts 2, 4 and 5
Weather - Burn Day Information


The Sierra Sun Times Weather Station is located in Mariposa, California

For Complete Weather Coverage

Mariposa County
Burn Day Information

fire ok   
Monday, May 23, 2016
 Burn Day
New: Restricted burning below 1500 feet to the hours between 7:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. on permissive burn days only
Permits Needed for Residential Burning
For More Information
Call: (209) 966-1200
CAL FIRE - Burn Information
Political Ads
Carrier 2016
Political Ad PAID for by:
The Committee to Re-elect John Carrier Supervisor Dist. 5

Events
5 28 16 Mariposa Art n Wine ad

Advertise Your Upcoming Event!
_______________________________
 

Contact Us to Advertise Your Event

_______________________________

SPCA SPCA Hours & Days of Operation 
Tuesday through Saturday 8 to 3
“Please Spay and Neuter Your Pets”
  Mention above AD for a Discount  

CloudsRest-PetSittingDoes your dog need boarding... 
or day care? Call Trish!


Real Estate
daily-co
mariposa-sales-2

sierra-foothill-homes-sm

SST-LTRDespite being referred to as the “Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act,” this measure will actually make our neighborhoods and schools less safe. Please join Mariposa County District Attorney Tom Cooke and Sheriff-Coroner Doug Binnewies, along with other California law enforcement and vote NO on Prop 47.

Thank you,

Doug Binnewies, Sheriff-Coroner

Tom Cooke, District-Attorney