Sierra Sun Times Public Safety Radio Scanner
The scanner is set to scan Mariposa County and Madera County.
Note: The Player automatically begins playing. Click the pause button to pause the player.
Note: What you hear on the scanner is not official information and can be wrong information.
Note: Leave this page open to listen to the scanner while browsing the internet.
Below is information from CAL FIRE on assembling an emergency supply kit.
ASSEMBLE AN EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT
Put together your emergency supply kit long before a wildfire or other disaster occurs and keep it easily accessible so you can take it with you when you have to evacuate. Plan to be away from your home for an extended period of time. Each person should have a readily accessible emergency supply kit. Backpacks work great for storing these items (except food and water) and are quick to grab. Storing food and water in a tub or chest on wheels will make it easier to transport. Keep it light enough to be able to lift it into your car.
EMERGENCY SUPPLY KIT CHECKLIST
- Three-day supply of non-perishable food and three gallons of water per person.
- Map marked with at least two evacuation routes
- Prescriptions or special medications
- Change of clothing
- Extra eyeglasses or contact lenses
- An extra set of car keys, credit cards, cash or traveler’s checks
- First aid kit
- Battery-powered radio and extra batteries
- Sanitation supplies
- Copies of important documents (birth certificates, passports, etc.)
- Don’t forget pet food and water!
Items to take if time allows:
- Easily carried valuables
- Family photos and other irreplaceable items
- Personal computer information on hard drives and disks
- Chargers for cell phones, laptops, etc.
Always keep a sturdy pair of shoes and a flashlight near your bed and handy in case of a sudden evacuation at night.
For more information on emergency supplies, visit http://www.ready.gov/